Friday, August 21, 2009

Days of Summer

Thanks to the fuckers who smashed my windshield to steal my GPS. It made me feel even more alone in the world than I already felt. It was also one more thing on a long list of things that went wrong this summer.

I got laid off.
I had another in a series of steamy love affairs that went no where.
My computer died and I lost all my pictures.
I found out I need major dental work. Bone loss, extractions, implants- that kind of major.
My finger got infected and needed to be cut open- the whole experience was really traumatic.
My cat got cancer.
I took in a stray cat that hates it here.
Someone hit my car and took off.
My car got broken into.
My GPS got stolen.

And of course, there's the usual stress that I live with- I wont get into that here.

But what Ive been taught is to be grateful.

My basic needs are met.
I have hope.
There is great possibility. Always possibility.