Monday, September 8, 2008

Unfocused


I'm entirely unfocused today. I spent most of the day with my best friend and her son. It was great, but I didn't get the reflective time that I need so much of. Why do I need so much alone time?

I biked and swam laps again. It's my new religion. Each lap, I count and think. 1,1,1,1,1,thoughts, thoughts, thoughts, 1,1,1,1,1...and so it goes for 29 strokes. When biking uphill, my mantra is "push, push, push, push." I love the simplicity of this.
Bike, swim, or jog, move body, be outside, read, write-I need these things everyday. I wonder lately how my work and the weather in Boston fit into this and how I can find work and an environment to accommodate these needs. I'm realizing more everyday how important this routine is in keeping me whole and contented.